Good news for all the Samsung fans out there!
The company has started rolling out official Android 7.0 Nougat update to existing Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge smartphones. Samsung says that the update brings some improvements and some new features to its current flagships that include…
- Improved aesthetics and functionality within Quick Panel and Notifications. Users can now use Direct Reply from the notification tray.
- A new pop-up window function that supports up to five separate windows, so users can use and access multiple apps at the same time.
- A new Performance Mode that can be set to optimize performance for different scenarios. Options include optimizing Battery Life, enabling highest performance, showing in-game functions and improving audio/video quality.
- A new blue light filter mode that helps prevent strain on your eyes when you are on a late-night reading-on-my-smartphone binge.
- Samsung Pass, a feature that works like a master key for all your passwords. This allows users to login to their favorite sites using their fingerprint alone.
One thoughtful change by Samsung is the change to display resolution. Though the S7 and S7 Edge support HD, Full HD and Wide Quad HD resolutions, post the OTA update, the device will default to a Full HD resolution. This doesn’t affect functionality but enables longer battery life. Users can still change the resolution to WQHD or HD according to their preference.
Unlocked handsets in the UK, US, China, and other markets have started receiving the Nougat OTA update. Samsung has also announced that the Android 7.0 OTA will be available to some Galaxy series devices within the first half of this year. These Galaxy series devices include the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge Plus, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy A3 and Galaxy A8.
So, if you’re a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge owner, rejoice. If your phone is one among the devices that Samsung has promised the OTA update for, be prepared to wait. On the other hand, if you have some other Samsung smartphone, go to XDA-Forums and get a Nougat Custom ROM.
Source: Samsung Newsroom
Also Check –