Does your phone hang multiple times when you are playing a game or when you are trying to do multiple tasks? The lagging problem on your phone is because of three reasons- you may not have sufficient internal memory, the processor is the cause or the problem is with your RAM. The storage problem can be very easily solved by adding a memory card, but how to exactly deal with RAM? Changing the mobile phone may be a good option for individuals who have the ability to spend thousands of rupees, but for the rest, it is quite an expensive process. And to help out those individuals, here the solution has been enlisted for increasing RAM of your Android device.
Why increase RAM of Android Phone?
When you don’t have sufficient RAM, you are going to face certain issues, making it hard for you to use the phone over the period of time. It is the hardware that creates the difference and changing it cannot be a solution. Either your phone will need a surgical inspection by a professional or may be your phone may not be ready enough to support such operations. So, the option for changing the hardware cannot be considered here at any cost. But at the same time, your phone needs a makeover in order to get rid of the following problems, such as-
- Problem while using bigger size app
- Hanging issues while playing games
- Inability to function when multiple programs are on
- Expanded loading time and much more
How to increase RAM of Android Phone?
But, thankfully you got solutions to erase all the associated problems and make your phone function very smoothly. Installing a memory card or an SD card to give the much-needed boost to your RAM!
Although there is a process for increasing the RAM, using this is not very simple as this will require certain specifications. So, before proceeding, you need to have a checklist ready!
- So, before purchasing this app, the first thing that you will need to do is to have a look on the compatibility factor. While most of the phones support this app, there are some older versions, which are not compatible. There are many testing apps available online, where you can check the compatibility part.
- The phone needs to be rooted
- You must have a Windows PC
- Card reader
There are two ways that you can opt for adopting this change- one with the help of an application and the other one manually.
Increase RAM of Android Phone using App
- After you have checked the compatibility factor, you can then proceed towards the next step, that is buying and downloading RAM Expander App
- After installing, set your preferred language
- The next step is to generate a SWAP file. For that, you need to enable the “SWAP Active” by clicking on it
- Once done, the next step is to activate SWAP. All you need to do is tap on the gray box
- That’s all. You have successfully completed the step and increased the RAM
Features of RAM Expander
- Has a file limit and can be expanded only up to 4 GB
- For SWAP partitioning, there is no such limit
- SD card of class-8 needs to be used in order to avoid any form of degradation
- There is separate widget for Swap on and Swap off
- It can collect and analyze detail information about the memory
- Sets kernel parameter
- Optimization is easy and single click with automatic calculating features
- Supports all Android device
Increase RAM of Android Phone Manually
- Follow the rooting guide if the phone is not rooted and then make sure your phone can support the Swap function. If the phone doesn’t support this function, the conversion from SD card to RAM cannot be done
- The next step is the partitioning of SD card if your phone is okay with Swap functionalities
- Now search for mini tool partition in Google
- Download and install it in your PC having Windows
- With the help of a card reader connect the SD card to the PC
- Search for the mini tool application and open it. Once done, click and highlight the SD card and chose the delete option
- This will ensure formatting your SD card and you will have the required space
- Make your partitions accordingly by selecting the SD card. Name the partition and file system as primary and FAT 32 respectively, if the storage capacity of the SD card is higher than 4 GB
- Make sure that the SD card has 1 GB for the next partition
- Follow the above step for partition and name your file system accordingly as EXT2, EXT3 etc
- Select apply changes and your partition is ready
Both the steps are simple enough and don’t need much working knowledge. So go through them well and give back life to your phone once again!