The Chinese company Huawei has come up with its new smartwatch, Huawei WATCH 2, a follow-up of its 2015 version, the Huawei WATCH. The new version has come up in a re-defined sporty look and gives more options of connectivity as it supports Android Wear 2.0, one of the very first smartwatches to do so.
DESIGN of Huawei WATCH 2
The older version of the Huawei Watch had a complete metal body which was quite attractive and even appreciated by the critics but despite of its premium appeal the company has gone for a more sporty and rugged design this time. The Huawei WATCH 2 is available in two models, the sportier version that is the standard model and the classic version, the LTE model. The LTE model is more traditional in its design, is made of stainless steel and a leather strap version of this model is also provided.
On the other hand the standard version is more suited for physical activities as it has a thermoplastic body with straps made of silicon which are switchable. The straps of the watch are sweat proof and are provided with pegs on its underside which make it easy to remove. The classic version is a bit heavier, weighing 60.5 grams as compared to the standard version which weighs 57 grams.
FEATURES of Huawei WATCH 2
- Uses Google’s latest smartwatch operating system Android Wear 2.0.
- The smartwatch has a build-in Near-field communication (NFC) and GPS system and a 4G SIM card adapter as well.
- The smartwatch also has a built-in adaptor to measure one’s heart rate.
- It has a 4GB internal memory and a 768MB RAM and the chipset it uses is Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100.
- To help one gain access to the frequently used apps the watch provides for a key on the right side using which one can directly open the frequently used apps without doing any navigation on the menu.
- As soon as the watch is removed from your wrist it automatically gets locked which is quite beneficial as one cannot access anything without knowing your PIN.
- The watch has a app-store of itself and hence one can download apps directly on the watch.
- Unlike most other watches this smartwatch provides for a nano slot for your SIM card which helps one text messages, make phone calls and do all other activity on your web reliant apps.
- The watch is compatible with all the Android smartphones which are working with Android 4.3 or above and all the Apple devices which are running on iOS 9 or above.
- The watch can run for 48 hours on a single charge without usage of the SIM and 24 hours on a single charge with usage of the SIM.
This smartwatch is packed with a bundle of fitness features, a unique one being a programmable button provided on the side which by default launches and provides one access to the workout app. In addition to the focus laid on fitness apps, the long battery life and the slot provided for the SIM card clearly indicates that Huawei is targeting those who want to stay connected even at places where they aren’t willing to carry their smartphones or at places where they can’t use their smartphones.
So if you want to ditch your phone this is just the watch you need.