HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, has announced the roll out of Android 9 Pie on EISA’s Consumer Smartphone of the Year, the Nokia 7 plus. Fans will start receiving Android 9 Pie on their Nokia 7 plus today*.
Packed with Google’s intuitive software, and only the most essential apps loaded, the Nokia 7 plus serves Android 9 Pie with no bloatware, skins UI changes or hidden processes eating up your battery life. This upgrade builds upon the strong features of Android 8.0 Oreo™, and focuses on a more tailored experience with emphasis on AI, machine learning and digital wellbeing.
The Nokia 7 plus powered by Android 9 Pie creates the most efficient Nokia smartphone yet. Advances in machine learning and AI features, such as Adaptive Battery and App Actions, ensure smarter resourcing of power and processing and accelerate smartphone functionality.
Key features of Android 9 Pie
- App actions –Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information of your favourite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritise battery power on important apps
- Adaptive brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions with different settings
- New System navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
More Stories –