- Facebook unveils new mobile recharge feature
- Users need to have the latest Android version of Facebook
- Payment could be made only through debit or credit cards
After being a part of sarcasm and witty jokes, Facebook is ready to emerge out of the negative light with a positive ray of hope. The world’s most popular online social media and social networking company, Facebook has rolled out an interesting feature that allows users to recharge their mobile phones. All the Android smartphone users with the access to the latest Android version of the Facebook application can avail this feature.
How to recharge phone with Facebook App?
Steps to recharge phone with Facebook App:
- Download the latest Android Version of Facebook App
- Now, go to the navigation of the app and tap on the hamburger icon
- Check the ‘See More’ option here
- After this click on the Mobile Recharge option available in the dropdown list – “Mobile Top Up”
- Select the mode of payment
- After the selection of the payment mode, users are redirected to another page – “Top Up Now”
- Enter your telephone number in addition to your telecom operator details
- Select the plans or recharge options as per your convenience – “browse plans”
- Now, proceed forward to the payment tab
- Make the final payment with the help of a One Time Password (OTP) or a 3D secure password
- On the completion of the payment, a receipt of confirmation will be generated for the users
As of now, the users can use only two modes of payments – the debit card and credit card. Users cannot use other payment modes such as UPI, internet banking, etc. Users must also remember that currently, Facebook supports Visa and MasterCard only.
Furthermore, Facebook in a statement has made its intentions clear on the launch of payment service on Facebook Messenger for Indian users that there will be no “peer-to-peer payments on Messenger in India”.
Interestingly, Facebook-owned WhatsApp is also rumored to launch a brand new feature for payment in India. The rumor mill is abuzz that WhatsApp beta testers have discovered something new. However, no such feature has been announced officially. Users may expect it to be in the pipeline with this release of the Facebook mobile recharge feature.
If this WhatsApp feature news turns out to be true, then definitely Paytm and other such payment applications will face a stiff competition in the market.
Also Read –